It is Tree of Life Adoption Center’s policy to disclose to the prospective adoptive parents in advance of providing any adoption services that the agency may devote a portion of the U.S. Fees, paid by AP to provide special services or humanitarian efforts. The information disclosed to PAP is as follows:
Fees Devoted to Special Services
TREE OF LIFE devotes a portion of the U.S. Fees, paid by Adoptive Parent to provide special services. Typically, about 15% of this fee is devoted to the following TREE OF LIFE services and special programs: -- cultural program for adoptees, reunion of adoptees and adoptive parents, scholarships for children in orphanages, humanitarian projects, like baby formula for Haitian children, repairs of orphanages in Bulgaria, playground project in Kazakhstan, medical assistance to children in need of surgery or plane tickets to transport for medical assistance or other services.
1) Researching, contracting and having playground equipment built in the town of Uralsk, Kazakhstan on the grounds of one pre-school orphanage. Completed 2002
2) Provided medical funding for two children to receive surgical intervention related to having been born with Hydrocephalus. Surgery was successful and one of the two children were then adopted through TOL. Completed 2002
3) Kids Save Project. In 2003 Tree of Life Adoption Center sponsored a total of 13 orphan children from the orphanages of Uralsk, Kazakhstan to visit US and stay with host families. All 13 children ended up being adopted later by US families.
4) Identified a need within the town of Targovishte, Bulgaria baby orphanage and responding by purchasing a new boiler/heating system, replacing the windows and doors in a closed wing of the sleeping quarters for the 60 children in residence. Completed fall of 2007.
Help Children in Need!
Any amount helps a child find a home or with material needs while they wait for their forever family. Please make note if you would like a receipt for tax purposes and if there is a specific one of our projects that you would like to donate to.
5) Provided round trip plane tickets for a young boy and his caretaker from Kazakhstan to come to the USA to receive facial reconstruction surgery. Completed in 2008
6) Provided a youth size wheelchair to a child in Uralsk Kazakhstan to allow her to be mobile with her peers. Completed 2006
7) Provided financial support to purchase formula for orphaned and deserted children of Haiti. Completed 2007.
ONGOING CURRENT PROGRAMS
1) Ongoing program specific to the Bulgarian: Shunt for Life. At anytime we are approached by the officials of Bulgaria on behalf of an orphan child born with Hydrocephaly in need of surgical intervention, we have provided the cost of the device and the cost of the surgery. We have provided for four children to receive this life saving procedure. We have further advocated for these children to then be adopted: to date, as a result, two children are safely home with their new families and one is in process.
2) Baby Formula for children in Haiti
3) Provide funds for orphanages in Uralsk, Kazakhstan
4) Initiate and provide funding to host and allow for a one day picnic/reunion/gathering of post adoption families to be held in the Portland area specific to each country program. Completed for Bulgarian and Kazakhstan families in 2009, anticipating hosting a second event in 2011.
5) Provide funds to help the Grandmother Program in providing 'Grannies' for the children in Bulgarian Orphanages.